The Leadership Studies Minor provides
- An interdisciplinary program for all students
- A program designed to enhance your understanding of leadership
- An opportunity to begin or continue the journey of your leadership development
- A catalyst that draws students and faculty together
- A curriculum composed of leadership competencies, community experiences, and a portfolio
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of self through an intense journey of personal awareness and feedback
- Foundational understanding of the historical development of leadership theories and their application today
- Ability to act within your core values and align an organization’s purpose and culture to its core values
- Knowledge of organizations and the development of social systems
- Ability to create a clear mission and vision
- Knowledge of cultural differences and their influence on social systems
- Skill development in leading change, establishing a culture of excellence, and transformational leadership
- Ability to present and persuade
- Ability to execute your highest priority
To graduate with a Leadership Studies Minor you will need to complete 21 credits and a portfolio.
One 3 credit course is required for each of the following content areas:
- Personal Effectiveness
- Organizational Development
- Presentation and Persuasion
- Social Justice
- Application of Leadership Theory
The Leadership portfolio consists of the following items
- Completion of a 20 hour service project with a leadership component; reflection paper required.
- The assessment results of the Strengths Finder Assessment.
- Service as a campus or community leader for one year in a structured organization; reflection paper required.
- Three reference letters which include comments about your demonstrated leadership ability.
- Three visits with a community leadership mentor; reflection paper required.
- The completion of a Leadership Development Summary Plan.
|LEAD||5501||301||Strat. for Pers. Prod. and Eff||04:00 pm-07:00 pm||TBA|